The following provides a brief overview of our lease terms. If you would like more details you can:
Length of Lease
Our standard lease term is for 12 months (shorter or longer periods are subject to owner approval).
Security Deposits are security for faithful performance of the lease agreement. Unless claimed due to a breach of lease or property damage, the security deposit is refundable within 15 days after move out of the property at the expiration of the lease term and the return of all keys to our offices.
The security deposit is usually equal to:
- One full-month’s rental fee for qualifying applicants.
We reserve the right to require a higher security deposit for applicants with “bruised” credit and/or pets.
Funds to Move In
To move in we require that you place the security deposit and pay the first month’s rent. These funds must be paid by certified funds (money order or cashier’s check).
We do not accept personal checks, credit or debit cards for the security deposit and first month’s rent.
Rent is due monthly on the first day of each month. If the first day of the month falls on a weekend or legal holiday, it is due on the prior business day.
Rent Payment Method
Deposits and the first month’s rent are paid by money order or cashier’s check. After the first month you can pay rent, as follows:
- On-line through your Renter’s Portal (preferred method as renters can view their ledger and receive an email confirmation of the accepted payment). There is no fee to our renters for using this service.
- By personal check, provided that payment is timely and the check is good.
- By money order or cashier’s check
We do not accept rent payments by cash (for obvious safety reasons) or by credit / debit cards.
Maintenance and Repairs
The landlord is responsible for repairs, unless the repair was caused by our renter or their guests.
Our renters are expected to maintain the property in good and tenable condition throughout their tenancy. Renters are usually responsible to:
- Change air filters every 30-days.
- Regularly test and replace smoke detector batteries.
- Treat for bugs. The landlord is responsible to treat for bugs before your move-in and for termite treatment.
- Professionally clean carpets (if applicable) at the end of the end of your tenancy.
Some of our properties accept pets. Contact us for details.
If pets are allowed, there is a pet application fee and a non-refundable fee per pet, as follows:
- Dogs. $50 pet application fee and a $250 non-refundable pet fee (total $300 per dog)
- Cats. $50 pet application fee and a $50 non-refundable pet fee (total $100 per cat)
We will likely want to meet any large dog prior to approval. Download our Pet Application.
Housing Assistance Payments
Some of our properties accept housing assistance payment contracts such as the Section-8 voucher program. Contact us for details.