Emergency Maintenance Request
If you have an emergency maintenance request, as defined in your lease and your Renter’s Handbook, please follow the directions on how to report emergency repairs.
Non-Emergency Maintenance Request
If you have a non-emergency maintenance request for the property you are renting from Hoffman Realty, please put your request in writing. You can report a maintenance issue to us in writing using either:
- Your Renters Portal (the preferred method as you can report a maintenance issue and also track and update it online), or
- The Maintenance Request Form below.
If you are unable to use either of these methods please call our toll fee maintenance number at 1-855-559-5525
Maintenance Request Form
As our renter, you do not have the right to perform or arrange for repairs at the landlord’s expense, nor do you have any right to deduct the cost of any repairs from your rent payments due. All maintenance and repair work requested by our renters, and ordered by your landlord, takes place during normal business hours, Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM, excluding emergencies.
How to report Emergency Repairs
If you have a life-threatening emergency please call 911.
Otherwise, under our guidelines, and the Florida Landlord Tenant Laws, emergency repairs are ONLY as follows:
- Broken locks, window locks or a broken garage door and/or automatic garage door opener that leaves your residence unsecured.
- Major water leaks, including broken pipes or seriously clogged drains that could flood or are flooding your residence.
- No heat (if provided).
- No air conditioning only provided our renter has pre-registered a physician’s letter stating a legal occupant of the premises has a medical condition which can be aggravated by excess heat.
- Gas leaks.
- Electrical shorts or arcing.
- Any other condition which the renter may deem life-threatening or pose a threat of harm to the residence.